LCAP: Supporting Student Success
Review of Performance
- SDVS has provided equal access to all students by providing laptops and bus passes to students in need.
- SDVS has continued use of robust curriculum with ongoing adaptations to best serve
learners needs, additional support of counselors, as well as hiring additional teachers
- SDVS has been able to provide low teacher to student ratio to allow for daily conversations between teachers and students
- SDVS has determined a need for significant improvement in Math and English, based on College and Career Readiness indicators. According to the indicators, we have a small percentage that are almost prepared for College and Career.
- SDVS is aware of a need to provide additional support for our ELL population. During the coming year, SDVS will be researching and vetting curriculum to meet the needs of our ELL population better, as well as look at EL placement and redesignation criteria.
- Improve academic achievement for underperforming students as demonstrated by performance in English and Math courses and/or benchmark tests.
- Provide enhanced pathways to help students complete and receive credit for assigned courses yearly, and make online learning equally accessible to all students.
- Continue providing resources to counsel seniors in preparation for graduation as well as offer increased graduation counseling beginning Junior year to prepare our students more effectively. Support college bound A-G students in preparing for classes as well as provide resources in preparation for a four year college.
- Supplement our curriculum with enhancements to better serve our English Language Learner population.
- Implement a long-range plan that includes a professional development program integrating
technology focus aligned with student needs.
For more information, visit www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/lc/lcffoverview.asp or http://downloads.capta.org/edu/e-school-finance/LCFF-4pg_English.pdf.