When you’re learning and studying remotely, it can require new techniques to make friends and connect with students and teachers. The tips below can be a great way to meet new people even if you can’t meet them face to face.
● Use modern/popular communication tools to communicate with teachers such as Google Hangouts.
● Get out in the community; bring your laptop to Starbucks or a library and say hi to other students, or do your Physical Education activities at the local park.
● If your school has office hours or a place to meet with teachers, say hello to fellow students who are there too.
● Check in regularly with your friends from your previous school or neighborhood.
● Volunteer in your community or get a part-time job if your schedule allows.
● Communicate any struggles you are having with your studies to your teachers.
● Don’t be afraid to use the phone to call teachers when you need assistance.
● Join in for local extracurricular activities when you are interested in them.
● Reach out to people working in your career/field of interest and ask questions.
● Attend school field trips.
Do you have any additional tips to help online students stay connected? Let us know!