Not all students flourish in an in-class setting. Some pupils absorb more knowledge when the material is presented in a more flexible format. Still others prefer to “learn solo,” where external distractions like rowdy co-students aren’t a factor. Is it time to reconsider your traditional classroom learning environment?
Thinking about taking online classes? You’re not alone. Today, nearly 1 in 3 students are looking to enroll in virtual classes. What are the main reasons for the continued growth and popularity of this unique teaching method? And do some of these factors align with your career goals?
Here are some of the advantages of an online education, along with some factors to think about, from a student’s perspective, as they relate to your personal needs.
- Varied coursework. With normal coursework, you’re limited to an institution’s offerings. Yet online, you can find a specialized (and hence more interesting) curriculum – one that will pay dividends as you advance in your career preparation.
- Not every student’s home environment, medical circumstances and other lifestyle factors are the same. With virtual school, students can customize their study and test habits to fit their unique schedule. If your situation demands specialized scholarship, online education might be the answer.
- Attentive instructors. Do you thrive with extra attention? Virtual school’s unique blend of responsive instruction and individual, custom learning is the perfect fit. San Diego Virtual School offers 24/7 support – it’s doubtful your local public school district can say the same.
- Decreased cost. If your family or financial situation lacks resources, online education (particularly for post-high school coursework) is an affordable alternative.
- Accelerated learning. For whatever reason, you might need to complete your classes quicker than a typical public school schedule. Online education allows “fast-track” learning – a faster-paced process, yet still thoroughly entrenched with a classic scholarship foundation.
Do any of these reasons make sense to ponder online education? To find out more on San Diego Virtual School, visit our contact page or call an SDVS online learning specialist at (619) 713-7271.
Thanks for reading the SDVS blog – as always, your feedback is encouraged.